The Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned (CSC) Program
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean. Being open for business is just the beginning of our new journey forward. Employees may be hesitant to return to work, and customers may wonder whether the businesses they patron are safe.
We are proud to launch Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned—a cleaning and disinfecting program that SERVPRO offers to commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This is a level of clean that goes way beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning. When businesses chose SERVPRO, their employees, customers, and community can rest assured that they’ve selected a “higher standard of clean”—Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Call our office today to schedule having one of our team members come out to asses your business needs. 803-955-0342
Developing individuals - one hero at a time. Much of the work that the SERVPRO® production team produces involves things that other people are unwilling or unable to do. Many people cannot handle the unglamorous, labor-intensive and detailed work that comes along with fire and water restoration. We take pride in who we are and what we do. We are a critical piece of restoring structures, contents, and personal lives. Many times, there may be situations that affect our homes and businesses that are out of your control. Let the heroes at SERVPRO of Lexington help. Not only do we have a faster response time, but here at SERVPRO of Lexington we truly care about our customers. So much so that we have even been called heroes!
SERVPRO knows the biggest difference we can make is in our equipment. It is measurable and reduces the loss on a claim report. The right tools do make a big difference, but it also helps when the SERVPRO of Lexington’s trained professionals are on the job fast with the right knowledge to properly dry and save your assets.
It starts with Psychrometrics, which is the study of air and its properties. The properties of air include temperature, humidity, vapor pressure, and dew point.
We can measure these through:
- Moisture meters are used to determine the actual moisture in the contents of the materials that may be wet
- Moisture sensors can detect moisture in carpets, walls, and baseboards
- Thermohygrometers measure both the temperature and relative humidity.
Once all this data is collected, the SERVPRO of Lexington technician will be able to determine the humidity, dew point, and vapor pressure. That will enhance the direction and equipment used to start the drying process.
SERVPRO of Lexington vehicles are very noticeable when we are driving though your community. We have green cars, trailers, trucks and vans too. But have you ever wondered how SERVPRO chose this eye catching color?
In the early 1970s, the founders of SERVPRO® used a color chip paint sample chart to identify the most eye-catching color. It was a highly technical process. The founders showed the chart to as many people as they could and asked, “Which color on this chart would be impossible to miss?” By a wide margin, the color most identified was 1970 rally green, a color used on Porsche 911 automobiles.
Now used on entire fleets of vehicles in every SERVPRO franchise across the nation from production vans to disaster recovery storm trailers, our vehicles are prepared for any size disaster.
Getting Your Business Back Up & Running
There's nothing quite as difficult for a commercial establishment as dealing with any type of damage. However, knowing what to do when disaster strikes can prevent you from experiencing unnecessary emotional upsets for yourself, your employees, and your customers and mitigate the economic strain of lost business. There are many steps you'll need to take to get your commercial property back in order following a water damaging event. Contacting a team of skilled water damage restoration experts from SERVPRO is a good first step.
- Quick Water Removal Mitigates Monetary Loss
- Quick Remediation Prevents Secondary Water Damage
- Fast Restoration Helps You Get Back In Business
Contact SERVPRO Today 803-955-0342
Here at SERVPRO, we specialize in optimizing and expediting each component of the restoration process to ensure that you can get your business back in business. Moreover, each of our IICRC-Certified technicians will provide you with the personable care and excellent customer service that keeps you in the loop throughout the water damage restoration process. We can quickly reopen your doors "Like it never even happened."
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Lexington at 803-755-9774
Sewage backup at the IGA
our production technicians at SERVPRO of lexington getting equipment out of the trucks to start the sewage clean up at the IGA.
Commercial Sewage at the IGA
Sewer backups should be considered an emergency since the water can contain bacteria and other microbes that can cause serious illness. SERVPRO of Lexington has technicians that are professionally trained to clean up with specialized equipment to safely clean up the contaminated water.
SERVPRO of Lexington were able to assist the IGA with their sewage back up. They got out there and started cleaning up as soon as they arrived to get all the contaminated water out. SERVPRO of Lexington franchise is always happy to help in your time of need.
- Clean water can come from a broken water supply, that is not contaminated.
- If the clean water is left untreated it can cause the water to turn into gray water and in worse cases it can turn into black water.
- Gray water is contaminated and could cause some discomfort or illness.
- It can be caused from a dishwasher overflow, toilet overflow with urine, and even your washer machine.
- Black water is very contaminated and could cause serious illness. Any contact should be avoided.
- This can be caused from flooding of rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the water bowl with feces, and standing water that has begun to grow microbial.
tips on winterizing your home
Keep Your Home Safe!
Since the severe weather has made an appearance across the country, it's only right if I give you Awesome Tips on keeping your home and business safe!
Tips for Preparing Your Home for Winter Weather
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells. This allows warm air to circulate around pipes
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the pipes for faucets, especially if the pipes for faucets run through unheated or un-insulated areas of your home.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shut-off valve in the basement or crawl space and turn it to "off".
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris accumulate, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Proper maintenance of your furnace can help reduce the risk of puff backs.
What can happen when a flood enters your home.
Flooding from a recent storm that occurred
Water Damage Events
Flooding and water emergencies can happen at any time. Flooding and water damages don’t wait for business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Lexington/and Cayce, West Columbia provides restoration and cleaning services 24 hours a day, including holidays.
Flooding and water damages can be invasive. Water can spread through your home causing damage to furniture, walls, floors, and personal belongings. Leaving water to long without being extracted can also cause mold to grow in your home. SERVPRO of Lexington/and Cayce, West Columbia arrives as quickly as possible to start the extraction process. This immediate response can help minimize the damage and loss inside your home.
The water damage timeline
Within minutes of the water damage:
- The water can start to spread throughout your home, and damage anything that is in its path.
- The water can cause personal belongings to swell and warp such as books and photographs.
1-24 hours after the water damage occurred:
- The drywall can begin to break down and/or swell.
- Furniture begins to swell.
- An odor can start to occur in your home.
1 week after the water damage has occurred:
- Biohazard contamination can start to occur.
- Mold and mildew to can start to grow and spread.
- Wood flooring begin to swell and warp. Metal start to rust and corrode.
More than a week after the damage occurred:
- biohazard contaminants can be a serious risk to the homeowners.
- The mold growth can become more severe.
Need emergency services you can call us 24/7 at: 803-755-9774
Different types of storms and what they can do
What causes a storm to form?
- The basic ingredients used to make a thunderstorm are moisture and unstable air. You need moisture to form clouds and rain. You also need unstable air that is relatively warm and can rise rapidly.
- High levels of heat condensation form in a volume of unstable air that generates deep, rapid, upward motion in the atmosphere.
- The heat energy creates powerful rising air currents that swirl upwards to the tropopause.
What are the different types of storms?
- Hurricanes – start when the warm moist air from the ocean surface begins to rise rapidly, where it encounters cooler air that causes the warm water vapor to condense and to form storm clouds and drops of rain.
- Ice storms – a type of a winter storm characterized by freezing rain, also known as glaze event or, in some parts of the united states, a silver thaw. The national weather service defines it as a storm that results in the accumulations of at least 0.25-inch of ice exposed surfaces.
- Storm surges – a rising of the sea as a result of atmospheric pressure changes and wind associated with a storm.
- Thunderstorms – typically a storm with thunder, lighting, heavy rain, and maybe some hail.
- Tornadoes- a rapid rotating column of the air that is in contact with both the surface of the earth and a cumulonimbus cloud or, in rare cases, the base of a cumulus cloud.
How can a storm affect your home?
Storms damage to your home can include roof and structural damage. Storms with heavy rain can cause flooding inside your home damaging your floors, walls, ceiling, even furniture inside your home. Storms can last for as long as 12 to 200 hours, depending on season and geography. You should also protect your home when you know a storm is coming by checking your risks, protect your windows and doors, remove any flying objects, and protect your crawlspace and basement.
What to do after the storm.
If a storm has affected your home, you should always call your homeowners insurance and file a claim. Paying out of pocket can sometimes be costly. You can always call SERVPRO of Lexington to make it look "Like it never even happened." We are always available to help.