If you experience flooding during a storm event then pay attention to these tips:
- Build an emergency kit.
- Make a family communications plan.
- Tell an adult if you hear a flood warning on the TV or radio.
- Listen to authorities and safety officials.
- If there is any possibility of a flash flood, move immediately to higher ground.
- Help your family move important items to an upper floor.
- Do not walk through moving water. Even 6” of water can make you fall.
- Stay away from flood water. It could be contaminated, meaning contain dangerous substances.
- Stay away from moving water. It can knock you off your feet.
- Stay out of the way of emergency workers so they can do their job easily.
Call us at 803.755.9774 if you need us!