Are you candle aware?
Hmm.. the smell of a sweet candle, there is nothing like it.
If you are anything like me, during the holidays I love the smell of a burning candle. Heck, it doesn't even have to be a holiday, I just like to light the candle and enjoy the sweet aroma it brings into my home. But as someone who loves the smells, I also know that there is a lot of precautions I must take to keep my family and home safe. While candles may be pretty to look at, they are a cause of home fires and home deaths.
If you burn candles, make sure that you..
- Use a sturdy candle holder, make sure it won't tip over easily.
- Place the candle holder on a sturdy and uncluttered surface.
- If oxygen is used in home, DO NOT USE A CANDLE!
- During a power outage, never use a candle.
- Keep your hair and any loose clothing away from flame when lighting.